Wednesday, 22 April 2015

The Ultimate Smoothie


I know this post is completely unrelated to what I usually write about but I just had to share it with you. My brother bought me a blender for Christmas and I've been experimenting with different concoctions of fruits and vegetables and I've finally worked out the perfect blend! The magic ingredients (shown below) are kale, spinach, coconut milk and pineapple juice. Now I know what you're thinking: is this girl crazy?! It sounds disgusting but I genuinely love the taste of it!


I use one cup of kale, one cup of spinach (make sure you really pack the veg in), two cups of coconut milk and three cups of pineapple juice. The important thing with this smoothie is to blend it thoroughly; you don't want any lumps of kale floating around! I tend to put the veg and coconut milk in first, blend them together, and then add the juice and blend it again. 

So here is the finished product! I usually make this around 11am as a mid-morning boost; it really does give you a great buzz! What's your favourite smoothie?


2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies, I literally have one every morning! I love putting spinach, banana and frozen berries in it :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinach is the best! I do love bananas in smoothies too. I've also heard good things about combining fruit and porridge oats.

      Delete